[RkWard-devel] Another preview, last call for testing

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Nov 6 16:04:32 UTC 2005

> Here's the debug output right before the crash:
>
> [...]
> Trace: rthread.cpp - function handleOutput line 200
> Bus error

Ok, just to make sure, please you try this: Uncomment the entire contents of
RThread::handleOutput (), i.e. place a

/*

in line 201, and a

*/

at the end of line 222 in rward/rbackend/rthread.cpp and recompile/install. Of
course this is not a fix, as this will basically disable all output. However,
if the crash is really related to output in some way, then it should not
crash anymore like this. If so (it doesn't crash), we can investigate what's
happening in more detail. If it still crashes, at least there's one more
cause ruled out.

> There isn't any difference between the output in the terminal and in
>
> rkward (sorry):

Too bad. I still don't understand, why the problem with locating libR.so
should turn up in rkward but not in plain R, then.