[RkWard-devel] Another preview, last call for testing

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Nov 6 12:41:38 UTC 2005

> With your patch I was able to successfully build, install, and run rkward.
> Unfortunately the Biobase crashing problem still exists.  I've tried
> several different versions of Biobase, but they all cause the crash.  The
> only difference I've noticed between loading Biobase and any other package
> is that Biobase gives you an info/greeting message when it loads (done from
>
> terminal):

I can't see, how this could be a problem. For me, it displays the message in
the rkward console without a problem, and the rkward-code for handling output
should not really be platform-dependent. Well, maybe you could try running
rkward with
rkward --debug-level 5
then post the last 30 lines or so of output before the crash.

> Also, ctl+c still seems to work with the patch:
> > Sys.sleep(10)
>
> --- interrupted ---

Good. Finally, I could fix at least one issue for you...

> I'm still running all this from FreeBSD.

Ok. I have a gut feeling, this is related to the problem with locating libR.so
you reported earlier. Probably the workaround with copying libR.so
to /usr/local/lib does not really address the core of the problem. I've asked
you to do something similar before, but could you try this variant? Run

R.home ()
R.home ("lib")
R.home ("bin")

both in the rkward console and in a plain R terminal. Is there any difference?

Thanks!