[RkWard-devel] Another preview, last call for testing

Jake Michaelson jake.michaelson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 18:14:42 UTC 2005

Thomas,

With your patch I was able to successfully build, install, and run rkward.
Unfortunately the Biobase crashing problem still exists.  I've tried several
different versions of Biobase, but they all cause the crash.  The only
difference I've noticed between loading Biobase and any other package is that
Biobase gives you an info/greeting message when it loads (done from a
terminal):

> library(Biobase)

Welcome to Bioconductor

        Vignettes contain introductory material.
        To view, simply type 'openVignette()' or start with 'help(Biobase)'.
        For details on reading vignettes, see the openVignette help page.

I don't know if this message somehow causes something in rkward to freak out,
but to the user, this is the only discernable difference between Biobase and
any other R package.

By the way, the crash now says "bus error (core dumped)" instead of just "bus
error".

Also, ctl+c still seems to work with the patch:

> Sys.sleep(10)

--- interrupted ---

I'm still running all this from FreeBSD.

Hope this helps.

--Jake