[RkWard-devel] problems with running rkward

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Sep 16 17:07:54 UTC 2004

> I must look at it.. it's not possible simply have the same file in two
> packages in one distribution... but i try upgrade in pld r.xml from
> kdelibs to current version from http://kate.kde.org/syntax/2.3/r.xml
> with rkward's changes (i see two small differences - version in kate
> will in future updated with Your changes?)

Well, hopefully. The version you refers to already contains a number of
changes I made for RKWard. I also submitted the current version, but it
apparently slipped past attention. Meanwhile, Arne Henningsen has contacted
me. He has been maintaining an improved r.xml for quite some time before (see
list archives ~ two weeks ago). He intends to merge those two versions. After
that, we'll try to get the new version into the official distribution of
kate/kdelibs.

> if you wish, src.rpm from pld is available on
> ftp://ftp.pld-linux.org/dists/ac/PLD/SRPMS/SRPMS/rkward-0.2.8-3.src.rpm
> it should be ok for all distributions... (but i'm not sure.. on all
> machines i have only pld or debian ;)

I think I'll skip the part about trying to create the .src.rpm myself (at
least for this version), and put that package on sourceforge. Thanks!