[RkWard-devel] problems with running rkward

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Sep 15 16:37:07 UTC 2004

> ok, i see ;)
> i made rpm packages for pld linux, and R CMD install from make install
> doesn't works(it has no permissions to /usr/lib/R from user account)
> Now all works fine.
> if you wish spec file for make rpm packages is available on
> http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/SPECS/rkward.spec (current
> version:
> http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/SPECS/rkward.spec?rev=HEAD )
> i think it should build on all rpm-based distros.
>
> if you wish in attachment is fixed rkward.desktop file with pl
> translation, category etc... I removed empty de translation. If you can,
> please include it in next release :)

Thanks! Both are very welcome contributions. I've already put
the .desktop-file in CVS. Two quick question about the spec-file:
1) I a note about r.xml (kate syntax highlighting definition) being already
present in kdelibs. That's true, but the version in kdelibs is - currently -
pretty much outdated. It would be nice, if the rkward-version could be
installed instead, but I'm not sure, whether this would be possible with rpms
at all.
2) Sorry about the dumb question, but as a debian user I have no idea about
this: How do you generate a .src.rpm from a .spec-file?