[RkWard-devel] problems with running rkward

The Undefined undefine at aramin.net
Tue Sep 14 21:05:06 UTC 2004

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 07:22:30PM +0200, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> > I compiled R with --R-shlib option, then compile rkward.
> > all compiled fine ;)
> > but then.. after running i have several warnings, program ask for R home
> > (/usr/lib/R - ok), but.. crashes with info:
> > Error in library("rkward") : There is no package called 'rkward'
> > KCrash: Application 'rkward' crashing...
>
> Ok, the crash was due to a silly coding mistake, which will be fixed in the
> next release. That would have also given you a message about the source of
> the problem:
> > Error in library("rkward") : There is no package called 'rkward'
> This most likely means that you did not "make install". RKWard will not
> function properly unless installed. Among other things, "make install" will
> take care of registering the library with R.
ok, i see ;)
i made rpm packages for pld linux, and R CMD install from make install
doesn't works(it has no permissions to /usr/lib/R from user account)
Now all works fine.
if you wish spec file for make rpm packages is available on
http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/SPECS/rkward.spec (current
version:
http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/SPECS/rkward.spec?rev=HEAD )
i think it should build on all rpm-based distros.

if you wish in attachment is fixed rkward.desktop file with pl
translation, category etc... I removed empty de translation. If you can,
please include it in next release :)

btw - great work :)

--
Andrzej 'The Undefined' Dopierała
UNIX && Linux administrator, Adam Mickiewicz University WMiI
JID: undefine at piastlan.net    e-mail: undefine at pld-linux.org