[RkWard-devel] Compiling problems.

Doc linuxero at ya.com
Fri Aug 13 13:01:05 UTC 2004

Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:

> Hi,
>

>> ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde/ --with-extra-libs=/usr/lib/R/bin/
>> --with-extra-includes=/usr/lib/R/include/
>>

>> But now I get another error:
>>

>> Is there anything missing? (../../../i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld: cannot
>> find -lR) ??
>>

> This time obviously the path for the includes was correct. However the
> compiled library could not be found. In full the file should be called
> "libR.so". Check whether that's really in /usr/lib/R/bin/ and adjust
> the --with-extra-libs option otherwise.
> Does anybody on this list know, where that could be on slackware?

I've done a search on my HD but this file doesn't exist. I have R
installed, 'cause I can run it and do things.
The only file close to this one is:
/usr/lib/R/bin/libRlapack.so
Maybe I need to install something?
To install I used the official R-Project binary file for Fedora Core 2
(rpm, 'cause there's no slackware package for this app), but the app is
fully working...