KDE Frameworks 5.65.0

José Manuel Santamaría Lema panfaust at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 22:26:38 GMT 2019

El domingo, 8 de diciembre de 2019 11:45:05 (CET) David Faure escribió:
> Dear packagers,
>
> KDE Frameworks 5.65.0 has been uploaded to the usual place.
>
> New frameworks: KQuickCharts.
>
> Public release next Saturday.
>
> Thanks for the packaging work!

Hi David,

thanks as always for the tarballs. I have been working on Kubuntu's packaging and I have
doubts about this symbol which was removed from KIO:
void KDirOperator::keyPressEvent(QKeyEvent *e)

I have bisected to find out the commit which removed it and is this one:
https://cgit.kde.org/kio.git/commit/?id=816fc6f9444fe70cdddc67b94e8027fdaab99c20

Also I re-checked the ABI issues list:
https://community.kde.org/Policies/Binary_Compatibility_Issues_With_C%2B%2B#The_Do.27s_and_Don.27ts

Does this count as "Remove a virtual function, even if it is a reimplementation of a virtual
function from the base class" which is in the "don'ts" list? Is this an ABI break?

Regards.