Umbrello in KDE Applications

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Mar 26 09:47:23 UTC 2018

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 10:23 PM, Ralf Habacker
<ralf.habacker at freenet.de> wrote:
> Am 26.03.2018 um 11:10 schrieb Ben Cooksley:
>

> Umbrello can't be built on the Binary Factory until it builds on the CI
> system (both master and stable)
> The blocker to that is that Umbrello tries to use Qt 4 when building on
> Windows for the stable branch (and i'm not sure if the frameworks branch is
> kept up to date)
>
> If we can resolve that, then enabling it on the Binary Factory shouldn't be
> a huge issue.
>
> I see two options:
>
> 1. set BUILD_KF5=1 in cmake command as it has been done at
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:rhabacker:branches:windows:mingw:win32:KF5Apps/mingw32-umbrello5/mingw32-umbrello5.spec?expand=1
> (see line 89) or
> 2. umbrello top level CMakeLists.txt needs to be patched to set BUILD_KF5 as
> default on Windows too. To avoids breaks on building the official obs
> umbrello build packages (which are still Qt4 based) a related -DBUILD_KF5=0
> needs to be added to
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/windows:mingw:win32/mingw32-umbrello/mingw32-umbrello.spec?expand=1
> and
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/windows:mingw:win64/mingw64-umbrello/mingw64-umbrello.spec?expand=1

In this case I think Option 2 would be preferable, as in the long run
that is what we'll be switching to as the primary means of building
Umbrello.
It would also reduce the effort required for someone interested in
fixing those issues to get up and running.

Thoughts?

> Cheers
> Ralf

Regards,