Creating bugzilla entries for KDE Applications

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Jul 29 16:58:03 UTC 2017

El dissabte, 29 de juliol de 2017, a les 18:52:12 CEST, Elvis Angelaccio va
escriure:
> On sabato 29 luglio 2017 18:15:16 CEST, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > At Akademy Adrián adapted Jonathan's scripts for Plasma to KDE
> > Applications.
> >
> > https://cgit.kde.org/sysadmin/release-tools.git/tree/add-bugzilla-versions
>
> Hi,
> this is great news, thanks a lot!
>
> > Since KDE Applications are different in regard to Plasma in which not all
> > applications have the same version, we thought of adding a new
> > cmake variable
> > that will define the version created.
> >
> > For example the patch for okular would be something like
> > https://paste.kde.org/pest4msbu
> >
> > The limitation of this is that it can only create one version
> > per repo, and at
> > this stage it assumes the name of the bugzilla product is the same as the
> > repo, though that could be fixed with creating a
> > BUGZILLA_APPLICATION_NAME or
> > similar if needed.
> >
> > What are your thoughts?
> >
> > Improvements?
>
> What about using the version in KDE_APPLICATIONS_VERSION if
> BUGZILLA_APPLICATION_VERSION is not defined?
>
> This way we don't need to patch applications that do not define their own
> version number and just use the automatic Applications version number.

Thought about that, but then discarded it since i think it will not be a good
solution.

Let's say we run this just in time for the KDE Applications 17.08.0 release,
for kpat it would create a 17.08.0 verison, but kpat is at version 3.6, so
it's unnecessary noise in the version list.

The important thing about this is that if we have the correct version number
using the Help->Report bug actually works instead of selecting "unspecified".