Creating bugzilla entries for KDE Applications

Elvis Angelaccio elvis.angelaccio at kde.org
Sat Jul 29 16:52:12 UTC 2017

On sabato 29 luglio 2017 18:15:16 CEST, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> At Akademy Adrián adapted Jonathan's scripts for Plasma to KDE Applications.
>
> https://cgit.kde.org/sysadmin/release-tools.git/tree/add-bugzilla-versions

Hi,
this is great news, thanks a lot!

> Since KDE Applications are different in regard to Plasma in which not all
> applications have the same version, we thought of adding a new
> cmake variable
> that will define the version created.
>
> For example the patch for okular would be something like
> https://paste.kde.org/pest4msbu
>
> The limitation of this is that it can only create one version
> per repo, and at
> this stage it assumes the name of the bugzilla product is the same as the
> repo, though that could be fixed with creating a
> BUGZILLA_APPLICATION_NAME or
> similar if needed.
>
> What are your thoughts?
>
> Improvements?

What about using the version in KDE_APPLICATIONS_VERSION if
BUGZILLA_APPLICATION_VERSION is not defined?

This way we don't need to patch applications that do not define their own
version number and just use the automatic Applications version number.

Cheers,
Elvis