Creating bugzilla entries for KDE Applications

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Jul 29 16:15:16 UTC 2017

At Akademy Adrián adapted Jonathan's scripts for Plasma to KDE Applications.

https://cgit.kde.org/sysadmin/release-tools.git/tree/add-bugzilla-versions

Since KDE Applications are different in regard to Plasma in which not all
applications have the same version, we thought of adding a new cmake variable
that will define the version created.

For example the patch for okular would be something like
https://paste.kde.org/pest4msbu

The limitation of this is that it can only create one version per repo, and at
this stage it assumes the name of the bugzilla product is the same as the
repo, though that could be fixed with creating a BUGZILLA_APPLICATION_NAME or
similar if needed.

What are your thoughts?

Improvements?

Should we make this official and announce it in kde-devel?