Moving LibKGAPI do KDE Applications

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Mon Feb 6 15:45:21 UTC 2017

On Monday, February 6, 2017 4:14:57 PM CET Heiko Becker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 02/06/17 16:00, Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> >> LibKGAPI is currently a "library with an independent release schedule
> >> (aka
> >> extragear-libs).
> >
> > Yup, we are already extragear.
> >
> >> Just as reference, who are the current users?
> >
> > In PIM (and Applications) it's kdepim-runtime, blogilo and pim-storage-
> > service-manager.
> >

> > Outside of KDE Applications it's kio-gdrive.
>
> any reason not to make it a framework? There are already users from
> Applications and Extragear and it also has a 'KF5' prefix (like so many
> other non frameworks, who IMHO shouldn't).

It depends on KCalCore and KContacts which are not frameworks. Once those are
moved to Frameworks, I will consider moving KGAPI too.

Good point with the KF5 prefix, I will change it to "KPim", which we already
did for KDAV library and eventually want to do for all our PIM libraries to
solve the has-KF5-prefix-but-is-not-a-framework problem.

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683