Moving LibKGAPI do KDE Applications

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Thu Feb 16 11:53:04 UTC 2017

On Monday, February 6, 2017 4:45:21 PM CET Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> On Monday, February 6, 2017 4:14:57 PM CET Heiko Becker wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > Yup, we are already extragear.

> > > In PIM (and Applications) it's kdepim-runtime, blogilo and pim-storage-
> > > service-manager.
> > >

> > > Outside of KDE Applications it's kio-gdrive.
> >
> > any reason not to make it a framework? There are already users from
> > Applications and Extragear and it also has a 'KF5' prefix (like so many
> > other non frameworks, who IMHO shouldn't).
>
> It depends on KCalCore and KContacts which are not frameworks. Once those
> are moved to Frameworks, I will consider moving KGAPI too.
>
> Good point with the KF5 prefix, I will change it to "KPim", which we already
> did for KDAV library and eventually want to do for all our PIM libraries to
> solve the has-KF5-prefix-but-is-not-a-framework problem.

This has now been implemented in master. It still provides KF5GAPI for
backwards compatibility (so that existing dependees don't break), but that
will eventually be removed in the future.

Any more questions/objections, or can we proceed with the move?

Cheers,
Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683