Dropping kajongg in KDE Applications 17.12

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Nov 14 22:29:00 UTC 2016

El divendres, 11 de novembre de 2016, a les 19:30:36 CET, Wolfgang Rohdewald
va escriure:
> > Hi, my proposal would be to make KDE Applications 17.08 the last release
> > we
> > accept applications based on kdelibs4, that means people have a year until
> > KDE Applications 17.12 to port the applications from the list below to
> > KF5.
> >
> > The ones that aren't ported we would just drop to unmaintained or if they
> > have an active developer team that somehow doesn't want to move to KF5
> > they could move to "extreagear".
>
> None of this applies to kajongg
>
> I do actively develop kajongg, meanwhile it is even ported to python3
> (The latest python-twisted release finally made this possible).
>
> And I definitively want to port it to KF5.

You don't think you can achieve that in a year?

> But there is no way how I could do that until KF5 has KDE bindings.

you mean python bindings, right?

> And I have neither the knowledge nor the time to work on the bindings.

Have you actually brought that up to someone that may be able to help?

> Otherwise, kajongg is very flexible about its runtime environment: The
> identical source can
>
> - run with python3 and python2
> - run with qt4 and qt5
> - run on Linux and Windows
> - run with or without any KDE bindings - I wrote a minimal replacement
> which implements the more important parts of kdelibs4, but it
> still looks rather like a qt application and not like a KDE application

What's the difference between a qt application and a KDE application?