Dropping kajongg in KDE Applications 17.12

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang.kde at rohdewald.de
Fri Nov 11 18:30:36 UTC 2016

> Hi, my proposal would be to make KDE Applications 17.08 the last release
> we
> accept applications based on kdelibs4, that means people have a year until
> KDE Applications 17.12 to port the applications from the list below to
> KF5.
>
> The ones that aren't ported we would just drop to unmaintained or if they
> have an active developer team that somehow doesn't want to move to KF5
> they could move to "extreagear".

None of this applies to kajongg

I do actively develop kajongg, meanwhile it is even ported to python3
(The latest python-twisted release finally made this possible).

And I definitively want to port it to KF5.

But there is no way how I could do that until KF5 has KDE bindings.
And I have neither the knowledge nor the time to work on the bindings.

Otherwise, kajongg is very flexible about its runtime environment: The
identical source can

- run with python3 and python2
- run with qt4 and qt5
- run on Linux and Windows
- run with or without any KDE bindings - I wrote a minimal replacement
which implements the more important parts of kdelibs4, but it
still looks rather like a qt application and not like a KDE application

--
Wolfgang