[kdepim-runtime/Applications/16.12] resources/shared/singlefileresource: Fix DATA LOSS bug in ical resource which failed to create std.ics if it didn't exist.

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Dec 20 20:24:16 UTC 2016

On mardi 20 décembre 2016 10:29:03 CET Sandro Knauß wrote:
> Hey,
>
> mmh the description of your problem does not match with the commit you have
> pushed, or do i miss anything.

The latter, I think ;)

> Your patch is "only doing:
> QUrl(mSettings->path()) -> QUrl::fromUserInput(mSettings->path());
> right?

Right.

> that means that we still have the problem with schema prefix in the url?

No, fromUserInput supports both absolute paths and URLs, see API docs.

> And than mCurrentUrl.isLocalFile() is not true and you'll do not enter that
> codepath?

isLocalFile() will be true for local files and false for remote URLs, I don't
see a problem here.

> Just a little bit curious, why this is only a problem for a new user?

Well, anyone without a ~/.local/share/apps/korganizer/ subdir,
which certainly includes new users.

> On the other side I do not understand why the default local is import to
> trigger this bug.

Parse error at "default local is import". Can you rephrase?

> Btw. if the default location for korganzier has changed, than please update
> the defaultcalendar.desktop path.

And break "Personal Calendar" for all users who copy their home dir (but not
their akonadi setup) to another computer? Seems too dangerous to me, for zero
gain. The korganizer in the path is historical anyhow, korganizer no longer
accesses std.ics directly, ever since akonadi 1 came into play.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5