digiKam translations in l10n-kf5

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Sep 22 22:57:22 UTC 2015

El Dimarts, 22 de setembre de 2015, a les 23:36:04, Alexander Potashev va
escriure:
> > El Dimarts, 22 de setembre de 2015, a les 19:29:44, Alexander Potashev va
> >
> > escriure:
> >> We decided not to release libkgeomap, but instead incorporate its
> >> source code into digiKam core (digikam.git). That is why there will be
> >> no libkgeomap.po in l10n-kf5.
> >>
> >> As for libkexiv2, its UI part (widget classes) has been moved into
> >> digikam.git too, thus the merge of libkexiv2.po into digikam.po. I've
> >> just checked the source code and it turns out that libkexiv2 has no
> >> more translatable strings left, so libkexiv2.po should _not_ exist in
> >> l10n-kf5. Sorry for my mistake.
> >
> > No, no and 153 times no.
> >
> > You can not say "We decided not to release libkgeomap".
> >
> > libkgeomap is already released as part of KDE Applications
> >
> > http://download.kde.org/stable/applications/15.08.1/src/libkgeomap-15.08.1
> > .tar.xz.mirrorlist
> Albert,
>
> I meant that releasing _KF5-based_ version of libkgeomap was
> questionable. libkgeomap-15.08.x are KDELibs4-based, and these are not
> going away.
>
> We are in the process of discussing if libkgeomap/KF5 should be
> released soon. I guess it should be OK to the release-team if
> libkgeomap stays KDE4-only for some more months/years/forever?

releasing the same code forever makes no sense if people is supposed to be
using some other code.

I'd like that you guys do some coordination with the rest of non digikam
people because otherwise packagers and developers get a mixed message of what
things are they supposed to use/package.