digiKam translations in l10n-kf5

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 20:36:04 UTC 2015

> El Dimarts, 22 de setembre de 2015, a les 19:29:44, Alexander Potashev va
> escriure:
>> We decided not to release libkgeomap, but instead incorporate its
>> source code into digiKam core (digikam.git). That is why there will be
>> no libkgeomap.po in l10n-kf5.
>>
>> As for libkexiv2, its UI part (widget classes) has been moved into
>> digikam.git too, thus the merge of libkexiv2.po into digikam.po. I've
>> just checked the source code and it turns out that libkexiv2 has no
>> more translatable strings left, so libkexiv2.po should _not_ exist in
>> l10n-kf5. Sorry for my mistake.
>
> No, no and 153 times no.
>
> You can not say "We decided not to release libkgeomap".
>
> libkgeomap is already released as part of KDE Applications
>
> http://download.kde.org/stable/applications/15.08.1/src/libkgeomap-15.08.1.tar.xz.mirrorlist

Albert,

I meant that releasing _KF5-based_ version of libkgeomap was
questionable. libkgeomap-15.08.x are KDELibs4-based, and these are not
going away.

We are in the process of discussing if libkgeomap/KF5 should be
released soon. I guess it should be OK to the release-team if
libkgeomap stays KDE4-only for some more months/years/forever?

--
Alexander Potashev