digiKam translations in l10n-kf5

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Wed Sep 23 06:00:47 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-22, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> releasing the same code forever makes no sense if people is supposed to be
> using some other code.
>
> I'd like that you guys do some coordination with the rest of non digikam
> people because otherwise packagers and developers get a mixed message of what
> things are they supposed to use/package.

In the past, the solution has been to be a digikam release behind and
then unbundle all the libraries that digikam embeds. Unfortunately,
the digikam developers seems to be of the opinion that no one uses the
libraries like kexif, kipi and such, giving massive headaches to all of
us involved further down the chain of things.

Or maybe everyone should just stop using the digikam libraries, meaning
no exiv informations in gwenview. no kipi-integration in ksnapshot, ...
But maybe that's how the digikam developers wants it?

/Sune