digiKam translations in l10n-kf5

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Sep 22 20:24:47 UTC 2015

El Dimarts, 22 de setembre de 2015, a les 19:29:44, Alexander Potashev va
escriure:
> > Hi,
> > many thanks for the detailed list, really helpful. I have one question:
> >
> > On Tuesday 22 of September 2015 18:57:58 Alexander Potashev wrote:
> >>     3. These files from l10n-kde4/messages should be merged into
> >>
> >> l10n-kf5/.../extragear-graphics/digikam.po:
> >>         kdegraphics/libkgeomap.po
> >>         extragear-graphics/kipiplugin_acquireimages.po
> >>         extragear-graphics/kipiplugin_dngconverter.po
> >>         extragear-graphics/kipiplugin_metadataedit.po
> >>         extragear-graphics/kipiplugin_gpssync.po
> >>         kdegraphics/libkexiv2.po (this file should also be kept
> >>
> >> standalone as mentioned above)
> >
> > libkgeomap is released as a separate library; why are the same messages
> > needed inside digikam?
> >
> > Also, libkexiv2, why should it be keep separate for now? Is it temporary?
> > Or will the copy inside digikam be removed? (I hope the latter).
>
> Luigi,
>
> We decided not to release libkgeomap, but instead incorporate its
> source code into digiKam core (digikam.git). That is why there will be
> no libkgeomap.po in l10n-kf5.
>
> As for libkexiv2, its UI part (widget classes) has been moved into
> digikam.git too, thus the merge of libkexiv2.po into digikam.po. I've
> just checked the source code and it turns out that libkexiv2 has no
> more translatable strings left, so libkexiv2.po should _not_ exist in
> l10n-kf5. Sorry for my mistake.

No, no and 153 times no.

You can not say "We decided not to release libkgeomap".

libkgeomap is already released as part of KDE Applications

http://download.kde.org/stable/applications/15.08.1/src/libkgeomap-15.08.1.tar.xz.mirrorlist

and so is

http://download.kde.org/stable/applications/15.08.1/src/libkexiv2-15.08.1.tar.xz.mirrorlist

Who has decided that they are never ever going to be released again and just
part of digikam source code? In coordination with who else?

I really hope this is just a bad joke.