More Plasma bug fix releases

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Wed Oct 28 15:54:49 UTC 2015

Am Mittwoch, 28. Oktober 2015, 14.00:03 schrieb Jonathan Riddell:

Morning Jonathan

> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 02:49:34PM +0100, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > >We can keep up with bug fixes, in most cases the bugs will affect
> > >our users anyway and having the bug fixes released would reduce the time
> > >spent dealing with bugs, but it would be a waste of time and resources to
> > >package things that only contain a version bump.
> >
> > understood. Maybe we can do some scripting to only create tarballs
> > if there were changes. Jonathan?
>
> It should be possible to only publish tars for modules that have got
> updates but the danger is that a newcomer to the tars will look at the
> release directory and not notice there's a missing one because it got
> no new updates.  I suppose a symlink would help.

Or do the same as KF5 and thus dfaure does: move patch releses in the same
folder as minor releases. E.g.

Folder: plasma-5.5
Contains: plasmashell-5.5 & plasma-workspace 5.5 and plasma-workspace-5.5.1

Sorry if these are not real packages but it should illustrate the idea.

griits
Mario