This is not working [for me]

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Mar 5 00:16:07 UTC 2015

El Dimarts, 3 de març de 2015, a les 01:15:14, Aleix Pol va escriure:
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 8:28 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> >> Hi Albert,
> >> I'm really sorry you're not enjoying the release work. I don't think
> >> anyone perceived you as the bad guy though.
> >
> > Have you ever been a position you're the only person saying "no"? You'll
> > quickly see how you're the bad guy.
>
> I understand that.
>
> >> Having the feeling there's somebody's agenda is definitely
> >> uncomfortable, but I don't think it's the case here. If anything, what
> >> we're experiencing is a growth in the KDE Applications releases
> >> demand. Big projects such as Dolphin and KDE Telepathy are trying to
> >> position themselves in the new set up and that took some effort.
> >>
> >> For 15.08, I would suggest to gather during the feature freeze in a
> >> hangouts/mumble meeting and discuss things over, to see what's going
> >> on. I think it will be easier to know what to face this way rather
> >> than waiting for the first beta releases.
> >
> > I don't see how this helps at all. We are not doing feature based
> > releases, we are doing time based releases. And those releases are
> > shorter than ever so that when you miss a release you don't feel the need
> > to push everyone so that your app/feature gets in because there will be
> > another one in a short time.
> >
> > Albert
>
> It's just an idea, I don't have your experience in the subject. I
> proposed it because I saw different topics arising:
> * There's specific groups that could have used some attention or
> guidance might have come useful.
> * We are talking about acting like a team, discussing about the
> subject beforehand can help to see them coming.

Ok, i guess when you said "during the feature freeze" you meant "before the
feature freeze"?

I mean after the feature freeze seems a bad time to meet, we should meet
before it to make sure everybody meets it just fine, no?

Or did I mistundertood you?