This is not working [for me]

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Mar 3 00:15:14 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 8:28 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> El Dilluns, 2 de març de 2015, a les 17:06:12, Aleix Pol va escriure:
>> On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 11:00 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
>> > I don't know how to fix it, I am not even sure what's wrong, but this was
>> > supposed to be a release team, and to me it seems that it's me being the
>> > bad guy and everyone else just pushing in for their own agenda.
>> >
>> > Of course this may be my own perception of the thing, but it's affecting
>> > my
>> > mood and willigness to work on stuff so I decided it made sense to bring
>> > it
>> > up.
>> >
>> > Some days this week i really wanted to step down for 15.04 but at the end
>> > convinced myself it's too close and I don't want to leave anyone with no
>> > floor to stand on.
>> >
>> > But we need to make this work better for my sanity for 15.08 otherwise I'm
>> > out.
>> >
>> > Does anyone have any magic solution?
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> >
>> >   Albert
>>
>> Hi Albert,
>> I'm really sorry you're not enjoying the release work. I don't think
>> anyone perceived you as the bad guy though.
>
> Have you ever been a position you're the only person saying "no"? You'll
> quickly see how you're the bad guy.

I understand that.

>> Having the feeling there's somebody's agenda is definitely
>> uncomfortable, but I don't think it's the case here. If anything, what
>> we're experiencing is a growth in the KDE Applications releases
>> demand. Big projects such as Dolphin and KDE Telepathy are trying to
>> position themselves in the new set up and that took some effort.
>>
>> For 15.08, I would suggest to gather during the feature freeze in a
>> hangouts/mumble meeting and discuss things over, to see what's going
>> on. I think it will be easier to know what to face this way rather
>> than waiting for the first beta releases.
>
> I don't see how this helps at all. We are not doing feature based releases, we
> are doing time based releases. And those releases are shorter than ever so
> that when you miss a release you don't feel the need to push everyone so that
> your app/feature gets in because there will be another one in a short time.
>
> Albert

It's just an idea, I don't have your experience in the subject. I
proposed it because I saw different topics arising:
* There's specific groups that could have used some attention or
guidance might have come useful.
* We are talking about acting like a team, discussing about the
subject beforehand can help to see them coming.

On the other hand you are correct. It's time-based releases and we can
just wait and put a red light on the feature freeze.

Aleix