Future frameworks releases

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Mon Jun 8 16:07:48 UTC 2015

Le Monday 08 June 2015 01:28:04 David Faure a écrit :
> Hello packagers,
>
> The thread "Versioning of Frameworks" on kde-frameworks-devel has led to the
> idea that some future frameworks (coming from the kdepim world) would not
> be part of every Frameworks release, and would have their own versioning
> scheme. This is at the request of their maintainer, Christian, CC'ed.
>
> For example:
>   KF 5.12 would contain KImap 2.1
>   KF 5.13 would not contain a KImap release
>   KF 5.14 would contain KImap 2.1.1
>   KF 5.15 would contain KImap 2.2
>
> Would that work for you guys?

Just a question: Why put kimap as a framework if it doesn't follow the
versionning ?
It can live as a separate lib as actually no ?
It doesn't make sense to create an exception for it.

As I see as kimap development the example can be:

KF 5.12 would contain KImap 2.1
KF 5.13 would not contain a KImap release
KF 5.14 "
KF 5.15 "
Etc.
So it doesn't make really sense to create an exception.

Regards.

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53,  http://www.kdab.fr