Future frameworks releases

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Tue Jun 9 13:17:31 UTC 2015

On Monday, June 08, 2015 10:48:42 AM Rex Dieter wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> > Hello packagers,
> >
> > The thread "Versioning of Frameworks" on kde-frameworks-devel has led to
> > the idea that some future frameworks (coming from the kdepim world) would
> > not be part of every Frameworks release, and would have their own
> > versioning scheme. This is at the request of their maintainer, Christian,
> > CC'ed.
> >
> > For example:
> >   KF 5.12 would contain KImap 2.1
> >   KF 5.13 would not contain a KImap release
> >   KF 5.14 would contain KImap 2.1.1
> >   KF 5.15 would contain KImap 2.2
> >
> > Would that work for you guys?
>
> A little conventional, but ok with me (with fedora packager hat on).

We could just easilly ignore the "internal" version of the library and keep
the versioning of our packages to actually match the version of the Frameworks
releases (i.e. 5.X). This would avoid user confusion ("KDE Frameworks 5.12
update" with 5.12, 2.3, 3.4 and 4.5 libraries....), as well as keep our
tooling simple.

Dan