[kde-packager] Re: KF5 Beta 1

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Mar 31 19:05:25 UTC 2014

On Monday 31 March 2014 19:41:28 Jos Poortvliet wrote:

> > > Sounds good. 3, 4 days should be enough. (i just need to push the
> > > publish
> > > button so it could be today even  ;-)
> > > WRT Tuesday - i know last time there where some concerns about two
> > > releases on the same day - this time it would overlap with 4.12.4
> >
> > It needs to be released before Plasma Alpha gets released, and Plasma
> > Alpha is due tomorrow to be on schedule, although I don't mind
> > delaying it a day if necessary.
>
> Ideally, we'd delay Plasma Alpha one day to put it on Wednesday. April 1st
> is awkward :D

Why? Just because some people tend to make a fool out of themselves tomorrow,
it's not a reason to not provide serious news. It's rather obvious that our
beta release of frameworks is not an April fool.

> We do have a dot rule of only one release per day and I'm only aware of
> these two things atm, if there is more, let me know...
>
> Oh, we're talking KF5 Beta1 here. Hmmm. Though one... Pff, can we try that
> today, or should we just move it all another day, or?
>
> After thinking (for some seconds, I'm on adrenaline today) I suggest we put
> KF5B1 and PlasmaAlpha in one article on the dot and two announcements on
> KDE.org.

And we are back to having a "KDE" release ;-) Let's make it on two different
days to make it obvious.

Cheers
Martin