[kde-packager] Re: KF5 Beta 1

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 17:41:28 UTC 2014

On Monday 31 March 2014 17:23:56 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 12:55:55PM +0200, šumski wrote:
> > > Good question, I never know how much time I should leave for packagers
> > > and
> > > dot editors.
> > > Tuesday OK? Or too short? Tell me :)
> >
> > Sounds good. 3, 4 days should be enough. (i just need to push the publish
> > button so it could be today even  ;-)
> > WRT Tuesday - i know last time there where some concerns about two
> > releases on the same day - this time it would overlap with 4.12.4
>
> It needs to be released before Plasma Alpha gets released, and Plasma
> Alpha is due tomorrow to be on schedule, although I don't mind
> delaying it a day if necessary.

Ideally, we'd delay Plasma Alpha one day to put it on Wednesday. April 1st is
awkward :D

We do have a dot rule of only one release per day and I'm only aware of these
two things atm, if there is more, let me know...

Oh, we're talking KF5 Beta1 here. Hmmm. Though one... Pff, can we try that
today, or should we just move it all another day, or?

After thinking (for some seconds, I'm on adrenaline today) I suggest we put
KF5B1 and PlasmaAlpha in one article on the dot and two announcements on
KDE.org.

The alternative is to do KF5B1 on Wednesday and PlasmaAlpha on Thursday.

Tell me what you like most.

/J