[kde-packager] Re: KF5 Beta 1

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 19:13:16 UTC 2014

On Monday 31 March 2014 21:05:25 Martin Graesslin wrote:
> On Monday 31 March 2014 19:41:28 Jos Poortvliet wrote:

> > > It needs to be released before Plasma Alpha gets released, and Plasma
> > > Alpha is due tomorrow to be on schedule, although I don't mind
> > > delaying it a day if necessary.
> >
> > Ideally, we'd delay Plasma Alpha one day to put it on Wednesday. April
> > 1st
> > is awkward :D
>
> Why? Just because some people tend to make a fool out of themselves
> tomorrow, it's not a reason to not provide serious news. It's rather
> obvious that our beta release of frameworks is not an April fool.
>
> > We do have a dot rule of only one release per day and I'm only aware of
> > these two things atm, if there is more, let me know...
> >
> > Oh, we're talking KF5 Beta1 here. Hmmm. Though one... Pff, can we try
> > that
> > today, or should we just move it all another day, or?
> >
> > After thinking (for some seconds, I'm on adrenaline today) I suggest we
> > put KF5B1 and PlasmaAlpha in one article on the dot and two
> > announcements on KDE.org.
>
> And we are back to having a "KDE" release ;-) Let's make it on two
> different days to make it obvious.

Good point. Ok, talked about this with Sebas. We suggest: we do the 4.12.4
asap in the morning on April 1st and the frameworks5 Beta 1 later that day.

Then, Wednesday we do Plasma Next Alpha which then gets proper attention.

Plasma Next Alpha dot story is pretty much done (can use review), the
Frameworks5 Beta can use a review, too. If any of you has time, please go
over them:
https://notes.kde.org/p/Frameworks5Beta
https://notes.kde.org/p/plasma-next-alpha

/J