Questions about KDE 4.14 and later + branches

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Jul 14 20:23:52 UTC 2014

El Dilluns, 14 de juliol de 2014, a les 21:03:57, Christoph Cullmann va
escriure:
> Hi,

Hi

> perhaps I am only a little confused, but I am not sure how
> Kate (kate.git) should progress now in respect of "what is KDELIBS 4.x base"
> and "what is KF 5.x" based.
>
> At the moment, all branches beside "frameworks" in kate.git are targeted to
> kdelibs 4.x. That means, Kate for 4.14 will still be a kdelibs 4.x
> application (same for KWrite).

That is a given yes, that's why it's called 4.14 ;)

> For later, I would like to switch that over (and main development) to KF 5.x
> (which has already a nice and working ktexteditor KatePart port).
>
> What would be the "normal" transition planned for that?

As announced next release after 4.14 we will release apps based on kdelibs4 or
KF5 at the repo level as decided by the maintainer. So now seems like a good
time to change (bearing all the scripts we have that may or may not support
that)

> Leaving KDE/4.14 the last kdelibs 4.x based branch and just killing "master"
> and switching it over to what is now in "frameworks"?

That sounds wrong. I'd just merge frameworks to master and kill frameworks.