Plasma Next Release Plans

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Feb 19 20:01:52 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 19 February 2014 20:42:15 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Dimecres, 19 de febrer de 2014, a les 15:01:50, Sebastian Kügler va
>
> escriure:
> > Hi all,
>
> Hi
>
> > The Plasma team has settled on a release schedule for the first stable
> > released based on Qt5 and KF5. You can find the schedule here:
> >
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma/2014.6_Release_Schedule
>
> I find interesting that you reintroduced the concept of soft vs hard freeze.
>
> Can you explain the rationale behind getting them back? Do you think the
> single freeze we introduced in the latest 4.x is working worse than
> soft+hard freeze?

I just checked our discussion (for reference mail by d_ed to plasma-devel on
January, 29th). His request was to have two feature freezes allowing to have
certain aspects unfinished at freeze 1. So I'd say it's completely unrelated to
the SC freezes as it's for the special situation of the current development
state.

Cheers
Martin