KDE SC 4.11 Release Schedule (bis)

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Mar 7 10:58:23 UTC 2013

El Dijous, 7 de març de 2013, a les 01:48:30, David Edmundson va escriure:
> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 11:49 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> > more

> > > I cannot say much about the beta releases, but having the 3 release
> > > candidates for 4.10 helped a LOT. Do we have any statistics to back up
> >
> > this
> >
> > > claim that it did not help?
> >
> > Do you have statistics to claim it did? Martin reached the conclusion that
> > "4.10 cycle significantly less bugs have been created than in the other
> > cycles"
> > http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/2013-January/006761.html
>
> That's not enough to suggest a correlation.

I know. The same applies the other way around.

> We do have knowledge that some
> really big bugs were found in the various releases and that they were fixed
> before 4.10.0. RC3 was added because important things were found in the
> earlier RCs, so we know it does help quality.

Not really, RC3 was added because people commited features very late in the
game.

> Anyway, I won't argue further because I'm late to the party and it's not
> very productive.
>
> What I would like to do is propose that going down to 1 beta and 1 RC isn't
> a full policy change but a trial run for 4.11 and that it should be
> re-evaluated afterwards for 4.12 once we do have some statistics and
> feedback from developers involved.

I actually like you to say if you want it or not since if you read my email
I'm unsure about going down to 1 beta and 1 RC.