Review request: KDE 4.11 showstopper: KMix lockup for 20 seconds, and a concept for fixing it (reviewboard)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jul 23 14:56:58 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 16:21:38 Harald Sitter wrote:
> >> in KDE4.10 KMix officially got MPRIS2 support. All looked fine in the
> >> beginning, but soon there were complaints about lockups with Clementine
> >> or
> >> other Media players, especially during logging in. Several solutions

FWIW, current kmix in master works so much better than what is in the KDE/4.11
branch it is not even funny. Great work on getting it to this point .. and I
fully support Herald’s request (though it is obviously not up to me to grant
any exceptions here)

It is far too trivial to have the KMix UI freeze or stutter (up-and-down,up-
and-down...) though the version in master appears to have addressed all these
issues and it is super smooth for me now on a machine on which I could trigger
these issues practically at will.

Herald is correct, imho, that this is the kind of bug that really hurts our
reputation if left in.

--
Aaron J. Seigo