Calling off Beta1

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue May 29 21:28:06 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 29 May 2012 5:11:20 PM Tom Albers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For those distro's that already uploaded packages to their repo's, I suggest that you add a patch that removes the 'beta 1' designation and just continue to upload it as a trunk snapshot if you can not stop it anymore. I assume you have only uploaded it to an unstable part of the repo.
>
> If bugreports come it, developers can still look at them, it's just that we won't announce beta 1.
>
> Tagging of beta 2 is planned for next week, so it's not the end of the world. The work you did for beta 1 can probably be applied for beta 2, so the argument that there has been a great investment in time does hold and will benifit you for beta 2.

* We can't have any other pre-releases until this issue has been resolved.

* Once the entire stack can build again then we can discuss restarting the release process.

* The distros can do what they want with the beta1 tarballs already there.

* Albert did a great job making the beta1 tarballs.
   But from now on we cannot think about making tarballs until we know the stack is building.
  This is one reason I wanted to hook the release process into the CI system.

* We just ran out of time and people-power.