Calling off Beta1

Tom Albers toma at kde.org
Tue May 29 21:11:20 UTC 2012

Hi,

For those distro's that already uploaded packages to their repo's, I suggest that you add a patch that removes the 'beta 1' designation and just continue to upload it as a trunk snapshot if you can not stop it anymore. I assume you have only uploaded it to an unstable part of the repo.

If bugreports come it, developers can still look at them, it's just that we won't announce beta 1.

Tagging of beta 2 is planned for next week, so it's not the end of the world. The work you did for beta 1 can probably be applied for beta 2, so the argument that there has been a great investment in time does hold and will benifit you for beta 2.

Tom Albers
KDE