Delay KDE 4.9 (Was: KDE 4.9 Beta 1 Tagging)

Albert Astals Cid aacid at
Tue May 22 20:27:54 UTC 2012

El Dimarts, 22 de maig de 2012, a les 13:07:35, Sebastian Kügler va escriure:
> Hey,
> On Sunday, May 20, 2012 13:19:36 Allen Winter wrote:
> > I can't see anyway at all that we can keep to the current schedule for KDE
> > 4.9.
> > 
> > Well, not unless we get a lot more activity going here at Release Central
> > (tm)
> > 
> > I propose we reset back to the soft feature freeze mode now.
> > Then start over with the hard feature freeze and messate freeze on 17
> > June.
> > Effectively I'm proposing to insert 1 extra month in the schedule.
> > 
> > Objections or comments?
> > 
> > So far I'm not having much luck finding time to work on release stuff
> > and I know that Torgny hasn't much time either.
> I think instead of delaying, we should try to find a solution (maybe
> additional manpower?), then see what we can do and only then pick a new
> release date. Delaying at this point won't help us a bit, we'd just be
> running into the same problems 4 weeks later.

I've had a look at old Dirk scripts and i think i can get 4.8.80 out quite 
easily, anyone against me trying to get the tagging done this thursday?


> How about a call for additional volunteers on k-c-d? Allen, do you think the
> work is easy to spread, if not, what would we need to do it to make it
> spreadable? Which tasks are open for volunteers?
> Thanks for stepping up, btw. That's greatly appreciated. (But as I said, you
> and Torgny can't be the only one.)
> Cheers,

More information about the release-team mailing list