Delay KDE 4.9 (Was: KDE 4.9 Beta 1 Tagging)

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at
Tue May 22 11:03:31 UTC 2012

On 05/21/2012 11:55 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Diumenge, 20 de maig de 2012, a les 13:19:36, Allen Winter va escriure:
>> I can't see anyway at all that we can keep to the current schedule for KDE
>> 4.9.
>> Well, not unless we get a lot more activity going here at Release Central
>> (tm)
>> I propose we reset back to the soft feature freeze mode now.
>> Then start over with the hard feature freeze and messate freeze on 17 June.
>> Effectively I'm proposing to insert 1 extra month in the schedule.
>> Objections or comments?
>> So far I'm not having much luck finding time to work on release stuff
>> and I know that Torgny hasn't much time either.
> Can you guys share your plans? Last i heard you were planning to use cpack to
> automatically package stuff, this sounds great, but maybe we can delay that a
> bit and just use the "old Dirk scripts" ?
> Does anyone know how hard/time consuming that'd be?
> Cheers,
>    Albert
Allen, we need a decision in the very next days please as the Quality 
Team is preparing the Beta Testing and all our plans are to be reworked. 
And the delay and decisions need to be announced publicly as well.

As Albert asked: how much work will this be? what do you need as help?
delaying by 1 month will push the betas for Akademy time, is that a good 

Hope to hear from you soon,


More information about the release-team mailing list