Delay KDE 4.9 (Was: KDE 4.9 Beta 1 Tagging)

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon May 21 21:55:03 UTC 2012

El Diumenge, 20 de maig de 2012, a les 13:19:36, Allen Winter va escriure:
> I can't see anyway at all that we can keep to the current schedule for KDE
> 4.9.
>
> Well, not unless we get a lot more activity going here at Release Central
> (tm)
>
> I propose we reset back to the soft feature freeze mode now.
> Then start over with the hard feature freeze and messate freeze on 17 June.
> Effectively I'm proposing to insert 1 extra month in the schedule.
>
> Objections or comments?
>
> So far I'm not having much luck finding time to work on release stuff
> and I know that Torgny hasn't much time either.

Can you guys share your plans? Last i heard you were planning to use cpack to
automatically package stuff, this sounds great, but maybe we can delay that a
bit and just use the "old Dirk scripts" ?

Does anyone know how hard/time consuming that'd be?