Delay KDE 4.9 (Was: KDE 4.9 Beta 1 Tagging)

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at
Sun May 20 17:52:14 UTC 2012

On 05/20/2012 07:19 PM, Allen Winter wrote:
> I can't see anyway at all that we can keep to the current schedule for KDE 4.9.
> Well, not unless we get a lot more activity going here at Release Central (tm)
> I propose we reset back to the soft feature freeze mode now.
> Then start over with the hard feature freeze and messate freeze on 17 June.
> Effectively I'm proposing to insert 1 extra month in the schedule.
> Objections or comments?
> So far I'm not having much luck finding time to work on release stuff
> and I know that Torgny hasn't much time either.
I guess we have to live with it considering that the release process is 
on your shoulders now. I can't stand up to help as I know nothing about 
scripts and am also struggling with free time. Are there other people 
out there to help?

Speaking for the Beta Testing Team, the delay will make it difficult for 
me (who initiated this team) to coordinate it as I'll be away on holiday 
the 24th June for 1 month without internet and then another month in and 
out (kids holiday).

We need to agree on the new schedule and make it known to mailing lists.


More information about the release-team mailing list