Delay KDE 4.9 (Was: KDE 4.9 Beta 1 Tagging)

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at
Sun May 20 18:10:34 UTC 2012

Am 20.05.2012 19:19, schrieb Allen Winter:
> I can't see anyway at all that we can keep to the current schedule
> for KDE 4.9.
> Well, not unless we get a lot more activity going here at Release
> Central (tm)
> I propose we reset back to the soft feature freeze mode now.
> Then start over with the hard feature freeze and messate freeze on 17 
> June.
> Effectively I'm proposing to insert 1 extra month in the schedule.
> Objections or comments?
I'm fine with adding an extra month, but not with changing the freeze 
dates again after all the freezes are in place. To me as a developer 
that would not help anything as the release is pretty much prepared and 
there is hardly anything I would want to do for 4.9 that late in the 
cycle. In fact it would throw my development one month back as master 
will be unfrozen a month later.

So instead of delaying all the freezes, let's just branch KDE/4.9 right 
now and open up master for feature commits (4.10). This gives the 
release team the time it needs and the developers what they really care 
about ;-)

Btw if there is anything we can do please let us know.


More information about the release-team mailing list