kdesdk migration

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Wed Dec 12 01:07:33 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 10:51 PM, Torgny Nyblom <nyblom at kde.org> wrote:

> **
>
> On , Jeremy Whiting wrote:
>
> Hello release team guys,
>
> In preparing the kdesdk rules for migrating kdesdk from svn to git I'm
> wondering what the best time would be to migrate.  I see 4.10 beta is to be
> tagged next week, would it be best to get the migration done before then?
> or wait until after 4.10 is finally released towards the end of January?
> Either way I'll do a set of conversions into scratch tonight for the
> application maintainers to check.
>
> Would this involve a split as well? If not I agree, the sooner the better.
> If it will, I would prefer that the monolithic module would be available
> until 4.9.5 is out. This does not mean that the conversion should not
> happen ASAP but that there needs to be a simple way of recreating the old
> tarball layout and to compile it in the same way that is done now.

Torgny,

Yes, this does involve a split up.  See
http://community.kde.org/KDESDK/Git_Migration#Module_Splitup  I was hoping
we could do the final migration this weekend, but if needed we could wait
until 4.9.5 is released or at least tagged at the end of December.

Release guys,

How are we combining git repos into a module for release these days?  I
remember creating some script to combine and put kde-edu into one folder
for tarring when we did the kde-edu migration, but can't remember what the
tool was or where the script went (and maybe something completely different
is used these days anyway).

BR,
Jeremy