The misterious case of oxygen-icons

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Aug 16 23:15:56 UTC 2012

On 08/16/2012 05:41 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> Or maybe the answers are
>
> * Why are we releasing it with the SC if it's not part of it?
> Because noone else wants to release it
>
> * Why is it not branched?
> Becuase it's not really part of the SC
>
> * What should we package with the tarball of oxygen-icons for KDE SC 4.9.1?
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/oxygen-icons/
>

> If that is the case, I can live with that for KDE SC 4.9.x but for 4.10 I'd
> really like it to either live by the rules of the rest of the SC or to get
> it's own packager.

I believe your guesses are close to the reality of things

and, I agree with your 4.10 proposal, and releasing it separately
(particularly because it is so big and gets infrequent updates these
days), assuming nuno (or someone else) is willing to do so.  else, we
can go with "live by the rules" option.

-- rex