The misterious case of oxygen-icons

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Aug 16 22:41:15 UTC 2012

El Divendres, 17 d'agost de 2012, a les 00:17:07, Albert Astals Cid va
escriure:
> El Dijous, 16 d'agost de 2012, a les 23:07:18, Nuno Pinheiro va escriure:
> > A Quinta, 16 de Agosto de 2012 23:28:18 Albert Astals Cid escreveu:
> > > I am quite confused as about how we handle oxygen-icons release wise.
> > >
> > > First some facts:
> > >  * Technically oxygen-icons is not part of the SC since it lives in
> > >
> > > trunk/kdesupport and not in trunk/KDE/
> > > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/oxygen-icons/
> > >
> > >  * We release oxygen-icons with the SC
> > >
> > > 	http://download.kde.org/stable/4.9.0/src/oxygen-
> >
> > icons-4.9.0.tar.xz.mirrorli
> >
> > > st * We tag oxygen-icons with the SC
> > >
> > > 	http://websvn.kde.org/tags/KDE/4.9.0/oxygen-icons/
> > >
> > >  * We do *not* branch oxygen-icons
> > >
> > > 	http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/4.9/
> > > 	http://websvn.kde.org/branches/kdesupport/
> > >
> > > So my confusion is two fold:
> > >  * Why are we releasing it with the SC if it's not part of it?
> > >  * Why is it not branched?
> > >
> > > And related to the second:
> > >  * What should we package with the tarball of oxygen-icons for KDE SC
> > >  4.9.1?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > >   Albert
> >
> > Ok so this is an old problem, oxygen icons used to be very active and many
> > projects in kde depend on it, so i used to not brake it alot and every
> > time
> > a new kde was out a new oxygen was tar'd some times in betwin if it was
> > helpfull for a project say caligra or what ever....
> >
> > how this was done? I have no idea, as i say i just do the icons...
> >
> > latly oxygen icons as cooled down alot, (mostly due to me beiing fed up
> > with doing icons) so im not sure if the current set up is the best, truth
> > be told I like that i dont have to    care about the freezes n stuf, and
> > since im responsable, (kinda) i dont brake oxygen icons and it alows me
> > to make fixes right into last day....
>
> And none of my three questions were answered :-)

Or maybe the answers are

* Why are we releasing it with the SC if it's not part of it?
Because noone else wants to release it

* Why is it not branched?
Becuase it's not really part of the SC

* What should we package with the tarball of oxygen-icons for KDE SC 4.9.1?
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/oxygen-icons/

If that is the case, I can live with that for KDE SC 4.9.x but for 4.10 I'd
really like it to either live by the rules of the rest of the SC or to get
it's own packager.