The misterious case of oxygen-icons

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Aug 16 23:03:29 UTC 2012

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 16. August 2012, 23:28:18 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> I am quite confused as about how we handle oxygen-icons release wise.
>
> First some facts:
>  * Technically oxygen-icons is not part of the SC since it lives in
> trunk/kdesupport and not in trunk/KDE/
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/oxygen-icons/
>  * We release oxygen-icons with the SC
> 	http://download.kde.org/stable/4.9.0/src/oxygen-icons-4.9.0.tar.xz.mirrorli
> st * We tag oxygen-icons with the SC
> 	http://websvn.kde.org/tags/KDE/4.9.0/oxygen-icons/
>  * We do *not* branch oxygen-icons
> 	http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/4.9/
> 	http://websvn.kde.org/branches/kdesupport/
>
> So my confusion is two fold:
>  * Why are we releasing it with the SC if it's not part of it?
>  * Why is it not branched?
>
> And related to the second:
>  * What should we package with the tarball of oxygen-icons for KDE SC 4.9.1?

Another question from me:
Where is the minimum dependency of kdelibs/kde-runtime on oxygen-icons
documented?

As it is a run-time dependecy it is absent from the build system checks from
what I see, but I could also not find any README.packagers which lists oxygen-
icons as hard dependency. Seems packagers create a hard dependency on oxygen-
icons package anyway, but still would be nice to have that documented (to have
something to refer to).

This question came up today for Calligra if the dependency on a certain
kdelibs also implicitely brings in the Oxygen icon set, so the icons can be
expected to be available.

Cheers
Friedrich