Git tags for KDE releases

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Aug 5 15:46:18 UTC 2012

El Divendres, 3 d'agost de 2012, a les 18:56:33, Ralf Jung va escriure:
> Hi list,
>
> is there a way to find out which releases of KDE software match which git
> commits? I prefer building stable KDE from git over building from a tarball,
> because that makes the downloads much smaller and it makes it easier to
> keep local patches around, or easily test a patch for the stable branch.
>
> However, for kdepim 4.8.4 I had to find out the hard way that the v4.8.4 tag
> does not compile and the tarball was re-created from some other commit (I
> couldn't find out which, so I switched to using origin/KDE/4.8 instead...
> which of course means that my specific combination of commits is not what
> everyone tests and uses).

The tags should match what was released, at least it has been this way for all
the 4.9.x alpha/beta/final releases me and Torgny have been doing, not sure if
Dirk has been following this for the previous releases.

> In some other cases, there is no git tag at all for a release: After finding
> out that for KDE 4.8, Soprano 2.7 should be used, I wanted to compile
> Soprano 2.7.6 - but there is no "v2.7.6" tag in git (nor "v2.6.5", for that
> matter). For now I'm sticking to 85408e3d (which is the current origin/2.7)
> and hope that this is close to what was released, but that's not really a
> good solution.

We (as in the release-team) do not Soprano releases. You might want to ask
Sebastian Trüg