Add some apps to the 4.7 release?

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sun May 15 22:33:29 CEST 2011

Good evening to you all.

On Sunday 15 May 2011 21.45.02 Tom Albers wrote:
> [...]

Apologies for not being more clear about this; I see that my mail could be
read in different ways.

Tom is right, my intention was his point 2. I hope thats possible.

The confusion about this is my fault as I didn't explain the scope of my
request very well. Sorry about that.

The request is only for those 3 apps and their plugins. This is a far far
cry from what was released before as "KOffice". Its just 3 apps where most of
their code is shared in one lib, all of this is well maintained.
I hope that makes clear the request is much smaller than you might think
when you read this as a next koffice release. Its not a next koffice release,
there is no political background other than getting the much more stable
versions of this software to users.

> > I don't have a problem with you releasing KOffice separately, but at
> > the same
> > time as the SC releases, but I don't think we should make it part of
> > the KDE
> > SC.
>
> We have released extragear application at the same time as the main
> modules. We even released completely unmaintained applications at the
> same time as the main modules. I don't see any reason why we would deny
> this to the KOffice team.
>
> Just as Amarok is welcome to release at the same day as the SC, KOffice
> is too. And they both can have their lines in the announcement. Just
> because I don't like Amarok, does not entitle me to block it. If we
> don't want KOffice in the SC, it's time to say that it should leave the
> KDE infrastructure.
>
> Again, I'm not talking about scenario 1. Which I would oppose as well.
>
> Best,

Thank you Tom.

--
Thomas Zander