Further git migrations (and splits)

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Wed Jun 22 15:06:26 CEST 2011

On Friday 17 June 2011, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> kdeutils and kdeaccessibility are pending migration to git. The conversion
> rules are already written. However, I see there's still debates about
> tarball layout, and that another 4.7 release may be near.

I guess you mean another KDE 4.6 release. Yes, given the messup that happened
with 4.6.4, we need to release 4.6.5 fairly soon.

> kdeutils is supposed to release with split tarballs (of course, the build
> system in 4.6 has been tweaked to also work as a monolithic tarball for the
> 4.6.5 release).

Lets hope so. Are the branch names in those git modules at least consistent?

> I'm not sure what's the status of kdeaccessibility, I'll check now.

Regarding your main question: we have both KDE 4.7.0 and 4.6.5 imminent.

It seems the only sensible solution is to either delay the split until 4.7.0
is over (which is a pain because it means that I gotta collect the leaves for
4.7.1, which is supposed to be a minor release), or we need to do it before
4.7.0, essentially before RC1, which is however supposed to be done today.

I see no easy solution. what is your timeline for the conversions?

Thanks,
Dirk