Further git migrations (and splits)

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 15:23:51 CEST 2011

Dirk Mueller <mueller at kde.org> writes:

> On Friday 17 June 2011, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>
>> kdeutils is supposed to release with split tarballs (of course, the build
>> system in 4.6 has been tweaked to also work as a monolithic tarball for the
>> 4.6.5 release).
>
> Lets hope so. Are the branch names in those git modules at least
> consistent?

Yes. All SVN branches follow the 'x.y' naming scheme (with no KDE/). The
ruleset file for this is in [1]. Future branches should follow the same
convention.

[1] https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/sdk/kde-ruleset/repository/revisions/master/entry/kdeutils/common-branch-rules

>> I'm not sure what's the status of kdeaccessibility, I'll check now.

> Regarding your main question: we have both KDE 4.7.0 and 4.6.5 imminent.
>
> It seems the only sensible solution is to either delay the split until 4.7.0
> is over (which is a pain because it means that I gotta collect the leaves for
> 4.7.1, which is supposed to be a minor release), or we need to do it before
> 4.7.0, essentially before RC1, which is however supposed to be done today.
>
> I see no easy solution. what is your timeline for the conversions?

On the kdeutils side, the migration rules have been ready for a few
months. However, I'll have some time to properly handle this migration
only next month. We are not in a hurry to move, so at least kdeutils can
have its migration delayed until it is OK for you and the rest of the
release team.