Kate App/Part/KWrite => kate.git

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Jan 29 18:36:17 CET 2011

On Saturday, January 29, 2011, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> - keep ktexteditor where it is (to have BC+SC kept) and have a small copy
> in kate.git to allow easier development (which I will keep in sync with
> the REAL on in kdelibs

i can't imagine ever allowing a project that isn't in kdelibs today to do
this. as such, i cringe at reading this. it seems extremely fragile and is
going to be amazingly confusing to people who may wish to contribute,
particularly casually (as i did in a small way last year when i used the
KTextEditor interface in plasma-desktop)

since you wish to stay with the SC releases, so we don't need to worry about
API drift between components due to being outside of a shared release cycle,
is there _any_ reason why KTextEditor has to stay in kdelibs? can we just make
KTextEditor a dependency for apps that require it and provide a CMake module
to find it?

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se