Question about git repository layout + releases

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.de
Thu Oct 21 21:12:29 CEST 2010

On Thursday 21 October 2010 19:48:28 Eike Hein wrote:
> On 10/21/2010 07:08 PM, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> > This is not entirely correct: True, we want to move the git repo to KDE's
> > git infrastructure. Christoph could still merge all changes back to svn
> > (just like he does now); this is no issue. Hence, no problem for the
> > release cycle.
>
> Well, that's not what Christoph wrote in the bug report, nor
> in his mail to this list:
>
> "No my question: Whereas the git stuff is no problem itself, is it then
> still
> possible to have the kate repo auto-released with KDE SC like atm?"
>
> If that's not on the agenda (for now), then just moving the repo
> is no problem from the sysadmin side.
>
> Unless release-team objects to having SC stuff on git.kde.org until
> the modules migrate. But I'd advise against such an objection because
> the consequence would be that you guys just continue to use Gitorious,
> even without kde-developers, and that sort of fragmentation doesn't
> help anyone.
I would be ok with just the move, as without kde-developers group, gitorious
makes no sense for me.

But I would like to have the other issue sorted out, until kde migrates itself
to git, as I dislike the idea to force all kate devs to clone complete
kdelibs/kdebase/kdesdk to develop on it.

Greetings
Christoph